Do you want to play a key role in helping transform our natural environment in the Wairoa rohe for generations to come?
We are seeking an experienced project manager to lead our Taiao (Environment) project.
Tātau Tātau o te Wairoa Trust seeks to restore the natural environment, exercise mātauranga in sustainable land use practises, and ensure biodiversity and the state of the freshwater and awa in the Wairoa district is improved. This requires the implementation of a programme to build the capabilities of the Kāhui so they can continue to lead environmental programmes and to assist with shaping their taiao goals.
The key output for the role of Project Manager – Taiao will be to support Kāhui taiao objectives, coordinate the development of the taiao goals for the rohe and present these in a draft environmental plan.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following key skills:
- An understanding and respect of kaupapa Māori, te reo me ōna tikanga, and relationships within te ao Māori – marae, whānau, hapū and iwi, and a competent level of pronunciation of Te Reo Māori.
- Experience working with communities, iwi and Māori organisations
- Tertiary qualification at degree level or higher in an appropriate field
- Experience interpreting legislation and policy
- Experience in working with the Resource Management Act and/or environmental management, regional and district plans, Long Term Council Community Plans, annual plans, strategy documents and other planning processes
- Highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to write reports
- Proven ability to work cross culturally, with Iwi/Māori/government/the private sector in a way that positively contributes to the achievement of organisational objectives
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, commitment and loyalty in behaviour and work performance
- A current driver’s licence.
This is a fixed-term role, based in Wairoa. For further information, download the full Job Description here.
To respond to this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume or curriculum vitae.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.